We hope that you will stop by the Cathedral Basilica of SS. Peter and Paul on your next visit to Philadelphia.
- The Cathedral is open daily as follows:
- Sunday from 8:00 AM to 7:30 PM
- Monday – Friday from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- During the Summer the Cathedral and Chapel will close at 2:00 PM on Fridays, except July 23rd. The Cathedral will be open until 5:00 pm on July 23rd.
- Saturday from 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM
- Only the Cathedral Chapel is open for the 9:00 AM Mass on Federal Holidays.
- The Parish Office is located at 1723 Race St. Philadelphia, PA 19103. It is not open on Holy Days of Obligation nor on Federal Holidays.
- Our Mailing address is the same as above.
- Parish Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- During the Summer the Parish Office will close at 2:00 PM on Fridays.
Tours of the Cathedral Basilica, including Sunday tours, are being given on a very limited basis. To arrange a tour or inquire about a Sunday tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Martha Ortiz at 215 519-5607.
- A Cathedral Ambassador can be found most days in the Basilica to answer general questions.
- Guided Tours
- A guided tour of the Basilica is offered after the 11:00 AM Sunday Mass. Please gather in front of the Side Altar of the Sacred Heart, which is located to the right of the Main Sanctuary. Please note that Sunday tours are not given when other events are taking place, e.g. baptisms. Please email email@example.com if you would like to bring a large group to a Sunday tour or to confirm that a tour will take place on a given Sunday.
- To schedule a private tour, please email Martha Ortiz, Ambassador and Tour Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Parish Office at 215-561-1313.
- Cathedral Audio Tour
- An audio tour is available for your MP3 device to assist you on your next visit to the Cathedral Basilica. The tour is approximately twenty minutes in length and the download is free. Click here to download the audio tour.
- Self-Guided Tour
- Brochures for self-guided tours are available on a table next to the entrance of the Cathedral Shop, to the right of the Main Sanctuary.
- Click here for a printable PDF of the Basilica’s self-guided tour
The Cathedral Shop is located inside the Cathedral Basilica to the right of the Main Altar. For inquiries please call 215-665-9032. Hours: Sunday, 10:30 AM – 6:30 PM – Wednesday, 10:30 AM – 2:00 PM – Saturday, 11:00 AM – 5:15 PM.
To get directions to the Cathedral Basilica of SS Peter and Paul, please enter your starting address below.
Parishioners and Visitors of the Cathedral Basilica may park in the parking lot adjacent to the Cathedral on Saturdays, Sundays and Holy Days using the entrance on 17th Street, GPS address 222 North 17th Street. Alternate parking: street parking, Gateway Parking Garage- entrances on Spring & 16th Streets, and Sheraton Hotel Parking Garage, entrance on 16th & 17th Streets. Click here for more options.