The Cathedral Basilica Wedding Guidelines help couples understand what to expect when making a decision about holding their ceremony at the Basilica. We ask that couples carefully read and consider all of the requirements. A minimum of six months advanced planning and preparation prior to the wedding date is required.
***The 2017 Calendar is open.
*** The 2018 Calendar will open on February 20, 2017.
- If a couple is not a member of the parish, they should request a letter of permission from their home parish to be married at the Cathedral. Please do not send the letter to the Rectory Office. Bring it with you when you meet with our priest.
- Once the letter has been obtained, please call the Parish Office at 215-561-1313 to schedule an appointment with one of the priests.
- At that appointment, please bring the letter of permission with you and a non-refundable deposit in the amount of $500 which is required to reserve the date for the wedding. See below for total fees. Weddings are normally scheduled for Fridays at 4 pm and Saturdays at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm. Due to certain religious services throughout the year in the Basilica, particular days may not be available for weddings. You have the option of having your wedding in either the Basilica or the Chapel. Fees for each are listed below.
- The 2018 Calendar will open in February 20, 2017. Please do not leave voice mail messages regarding requests for wedding dates. Also, have your letter of permission mailed to you. We cannot hold letters sent to the Parish Office before you meet with a priest.
For the Marriage Preparation Class schedule see: www.philamarriageprep.com or call 610-873-2017.
OFFERINGS AND FEES:
- Basilica offering: $2,500 ($500 + $2000 balance)
- Cathedral Chapel offering: $1,000 ($500 + $500 balance)
- Music fee for Cathedral organist and cantor: $500 (not included in wedding offering)
Musicians serving at your wedding are from the Cathedral Music Department. The Cathedral employs both a Principal and an Associate Organist, and maintains a roster of professional singers. Therefore, no outside musicians are permitted to perform during Cathedral weddings. Your Music fee includes an organist and one singer.