Sunday Anticipated Mass
5:15 pm (Saturday) in Basilica
8:00am in Basilica
9:30am in Basilica
11:00am in Basilica
12:30pm Spanish Mass in Cathedral Chapel
6:30 pm in Basilica
Monday to Friday
7:15 am in Cathedral Chapel
12:05 pm in Cathedral Chapel
12:05 pm in the Cathedral Chapel – Miraculous Medal Novena prayers recited following the 12:05 pm Mass
Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation
All Confessions in the Cathedral Basilica
Monday-Friday: 11:30 AM
Saturday: 4:15-5:00 PM in Basilica
Sunday: 9:00 AM and 5:30 PM in Basilica
12:00 PM in Spanish in Chapel
La Santa Misa en español y los Sacramentos
• La Santa Misa es celebrada en español los domingos a las 12:30 PM en la capilla de la Catedral.
Para los días de precepto por favor mirar el boletín parroquial.
• El Sacramento de la Reconciliación o Confesión se celebra de 11:45 AM a 12:15 PM pm los domingos en la Capilla.
• Adoracion Eucarística, el primer viernes del mes de 11:00 AM a 12:00 PM en la Capilla.
• Presione aqui para ver informacion de los demas sacramentos: celebración del Bautismo, Communion, Confirmacion, Matrimonio, y uncion de los enfermos.
• Para programar una visita al hospital, para recibir la Comunión, y para la Unción de los enfermos, por favor llamar a la oficina parroquial al 215-561-1313.
• Eventos de interes: presione aqui.
Holy Days of Obligation
General Mass Schedule for Holy Days of Obligation:
5:15 PM Vigil Mass in the Chapel, with Liturgical Music
7:15 AM in the Chapel
12:05 PM in the Basilica, with Liturgical Music
12:35 PM in the Chapel
5:15 PM in the Chapel, with Liturgical Music
Confessions in the Basilica at 11:30 AM
The Basilica and Chapel are open on Holy Days, the Parish Office is closed.
List of all Holy Days of obligation
In addition to Sunday, the days to be observed as holy days of obligation in the Latin Rite dioceses of the United States of America, in conformity with canon 1246, are as follows:
- January 1, the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God
- Thursday of the Sixth Week of Easter, the Solemnity of the Ascension
- August 15, the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- November 1, the Solemnity of All Saints
- December 8, the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception
- December 25, the Solemnity of the Nativity of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Forty Hours Devotion/Period of Eucharistic Adoration
The Forty Hours Devotion is a special period of prayer made before the Blessed Sacrament in solemn exposition. The focus is upon our Lord in the Holy Eucharist. It begins with a Mass of Exposition, which concludes with the exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. The Blessed Sacrament remains on the altar in a Monstrance while the faithful gather for personal or public prayer in adoration of our Lord. This devotion provides a wonderful opportunity for the spiritual growth of each person and the parish as a whole. Devotion can be seen almost like a parish mini-retreat or mission. The devotion was introduced into our Archdiocese by Saint John Neumann, our fourth bishop.